From: G & U Krumme
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 12:36 PM
Subject: HW Review Committee
A suggestion for the basic structure of a HW publicity strategy, since I cannot be at the meeting on Thursday. I am sure there are
lots of omissions, but it may be a start:
Tow major premises:
1.Divide any publicity strategy into the
During the event and
2. Everything which is listed below assumes that there will be a dedicated HW Website which manages all HW-specific information &
communication. Thus, I ask the members of this committee to review the present HW Website and help me by suggesting
a) additional content, and
b) facets related to the organization of this Website.
A. Before Heavy Weather:
12. Boating Magazines
13. BYC Web Site
14. Links to BYC Web Site to be encouraged!
2. Directly to Clubs
21. Mail & Email
a. which clubs?
b. nature of presentation?
c. which materials for whom?
3.Directly to Individuals
31. Mail & Email
4.Types of Information and PR:
41. Racing Information
42. Information about BYC
421.Moorage, directions by land, hosts etc.
422.Social Program etc.
a. Bremerton & Silverdale
aa. Kitsap Way
(QFC, Panda Inn (also delivers), Pizza etc.)
b. Ground transportation: hosts courtesy cars
B. DURING Heavy Weather:
1. Hosting media representatives:
11. Persons/media to be invited
12. Available hosts & boat
13. BYC members (Bridge etc.) to be interviewed
14. Other photo opportunities
2. Available computer in Clubhouse
for visitors and media reps
3. All information important for visitors (and BYC members) on BYC WebSite
C. AFTER: Information available in the
b. on the Web and
c. to be sent to
aa. media &
bb. participants (?)
1. Racing Results
2. Information about media coverage
3. Information about how to order photos
4. Address of Website reports & photos
Return to: BYC (Home)
Last Update: August 2005 (gk)